Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nic's Birthday....There is something fishy about this!

     Friday, September 3rd,  Nicholas turned 12.  For his birthday he wanted to go to the Tennessee Aquarium.  (The Aquarium here is amazing and it is one of our family's favorite places to go.)  We decided to do an aquarium theme for Nic's party.  My Mom made him a fish cake.  And we decorated a plain blue tablecloth with tons of fish stickers and Swedish fish to eat!

        On Thursday night,  me & Ethan, and my Mom stayed up late and decorated the house.  We blew up a bunch of balloons and made posters for him and everyone wrote him messages.  When we were finished decorating,  the house looked fantastic!!!   Ethan and I were completely out of breath after blowing up 25 balloons!
  

 Nic made a special request for his favorite meal............Petros!!!  YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After we ate, he opened his presents.  We got him a Bible, 3 books, a Webkin, a slingshot, and a Starwars ship!!  We had so much fun watching him open his gifts!

      At the aquarium we spent most of our time at the River Otter exhibit.  The River Otter is Nic's favorite animal. 
     After a couple of hours at the Aquarium we walked around downtown and got ice cream and played at a park.

     Nicholas had a fishy-fun birthday!  He was so happy with all we did for him.  Nic is a kind, loving, wonderful  brother and I am very proud of him.  Nic is a godly example to me and he always puts others first.  I am so thankful God gave Nic to our family.

Happy 12th Birthday Nic!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post - because that was such a cool birthday, and because I love Nic and celebrate him, aaaaaannnd... because you, Colin, are an incredible young man for loving your family so well.

    ReplyDelete