Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our new school helper!

Today marked a new day in our homeschool! We have a new school helper! One of my mom's best friends, Mrs. Barbara, came to help us today with school. She is a retired teacher. She taught 3rd grade for 30 years!!!! We are all excited that she has agreed to come over and help us. She is working with Eli (2nd grade) and Nic (5th grade). She will come every Tuesday and spend the day with us. My Mom is able to work with me (9th grade) and Ethan (7th grade) for a long, uninterrupted, time. My Mom really needed this. It has been so hard having my Dad gone for so long and there is so much work for Mom to do. Having someone help us with our school is a blessing. We got a lot of work done today. Mrs. Barbara is wonderful to think of helping us in this way. She treats us like family. She has been such a blessing to us over the months that my Dad has been gone. She has watched the younger kids while my brother and my mom and I went Christmas shopping. She has helped with eye appointments and dentist appointments and has even come over to our house and made soup. She helped us when my Mom got very sick with the flu and also invited us to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family. We love her. I enjoy being homeschooled and having Mrs. Barbara come once a week to help makes it even more enjoyable! She is a great example of what Christians should do. She is generous with her time and energy. The Bible says, "He who is generous will be blessed." Proverbs 22:9a
I know Mrs. Barbara will be blessed for what she has done to help our family. Now I have to ask myself what am I doing to help someone? I am going to begin praying that the Lord will show me who I can help. The Bible instructs us to help others. Each and every day I am going to try to find someone to bless. I encourage you to do this also. We can begin right in our own families.

Hold Fast,
Colin

1 comment:

  1. God provides! How wonderful that you realize His blessings. I know you will be a blessing to others. You already are by sharing this on your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete