Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yes, We're Moving!!!

About three weeks ago my Dad told us that we will be moving to Chattanooga for his job. (I apologize if this catches anyone off guard!) My Dad is a Terminal Trainmaster for Norfolk Southern. We are very excited about moving! This might sound strange, but we are looking forward to being back together as a family. For the last 16 months my Dad has been working in Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Chattanooga. It has been very difficult for our family to live apart. There have been times when we have gone an entire month without being able to see our Dad, like when he was working in Pittsburgh. We are surely going to miss Knoxville, but we are only going to be two hours away. We thank God for my Dad's job. Many people are out of work and we are thankful that our God provided this job for Dad. Our house is currently on the market but ,we have not had a showing yet. It will be at least a month before it sells, or longer. I'm going to miss this house and my friends in this neighborhood. We are praying and asking God to show us the right house in Chattanooga. I am going to continue this blog through out the move and through out our time in Chattanooga. In Chattanooga, I will have to find a new church, guitar instructor, a house for our family, friends, a basketball team I can hopefully play for, and lots of other things. I am going to be praying that God will help us to find these things.
Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
This means to me, if you seek God first He will take care of the details of your life. How do we "seek first His kingdom"? We meet with God each day for prayer and Bible study, we trust Him, we love Him, we serve Him, we obey Him and we recognize our need for Him. Our focus needs to stay on God and not on the things of this world.

Hold Fast,
Colin

1 comment:

  1. Colin - I LOVE your blog and this post in particular is great. I admire your attitude about the move. I'm glad you're doing this so I have a place to go to see the goings on of the Moran Clan. --gabe

    ReplyDelete