Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter At My House

     Here are a few pictures of Easter from my house. 
Each year my Mom makes us a ''Bunny Cake''  Didn't she do a good job this year?  It tasted even better than it looks!

My little sister set the table but my Dad snatched an egg before we could take a picture.  Here is a little picture of our Easter spread. 
Looking at this picture is making my mouth water!!!  The food was sooooo good!!!

My Mom and Dad also gave us baskets full of candy.  This was probably my favorite Easter yet!

Easter isn't about food and candy though.  It is the celebration of Jesus' Resurrection from the dead.  Without Jesus' death we would all be going to hell.  Jesus died for us.  But he didn't stay dead.  God raised him from the dead.  Jesus is sitting in heaven right now at the right hand of God.  So easily our thoughts about Easter can be on candy and food and bunny cakes.  We need to make sure that we keep our focus on him this time of year.  We also need to thank God for sending his son to die for us.

1 comment: