Saturday, December 3, 2011

A TRIP TO BE THANKFUL FOR

     We recently got back from an eight day trip to Virginia.  We had a great time.
 We stayed with my Dad's parents and my great-grandparents.  The first night we were in Virginia Dad and I went to a VA TECH game!! 
     We had really good seats. The only problem was it was really cold!  I wasn't prepared like I should have been.  My feet went numb half way through the game.  I wish I would have worn at least 3 pairs of socks.  Besides the cold, the game was great.  Virginia Tech won!

     While we were in Virginia we also celebrated Mom's 40th, and Ethan's 15th, birthdays.(Mom's is Nov 18th and Ethan's is Nov 19th.  November is our month of birthdays.  Dad's is Nov 13th.)
Mamaw got this cake for Mom




and we went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse.







    




We had a little birthday party for Ethan in Mamaw's kitchen and later Mamaw & Papaw took Ethan out to Red Lobster for a special birthday dinner.  He loves seafood! 



  It was one big pajama party over at Memaw's house...




 and leaf raking party...









     One of the things we look forward to whenever we head up to Virginia is Memaw's breakfasts.  She makes the best breakfast ever!

  



  This year for Thanksgiving we ate with my Dad's parents.  Mamaw made the delicious food and Mom made the pies.  We also brought yeast rolls and a macaroni salad Memaw made.   It was a delicious feast!  Mamaw made her famous macaroni and cheese that we love.


 My Mom found this cool tablecloth that was full of activities for us to work on.
 Olivia made all the place cards.


     Late Thanksgiving night (midnight)  Mom, Ethan, and I went Black Friday shopping.  It was so much fun!  It was a first for me and Ethan but we are going to make it an annual tradition.  We got some great deals!!


     Last but not least, while we were in Virginia we visited with friends.  We went to two of our friends' basketball games and went out to eat after one of the games.  We also went over to some of other friends' house two nights in a row.  Only sad thing was one of our friends' little sons had just had chicken pox so Mom couldn't take Clare over there.  She was so disappointed to miss out on visiting. 
      



          We played games and had a family devotion time together.


     We really had a great trip.  Going to Virginia is something I always look forward to.  God blessed our family with a great vacation.  We were safe driving up and back, we had time with friends, we spent time with family, got to eat at some of our favorite restaurants, got to rake for Memaw and Papaw,  celebrated birthdays and Dad and I took in a VA TECH game.  I'm very thankful for all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment