Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

     Today is my Dad's birthday!   The little kids made him cards and Ethan and I got him something that has not come yet.



 I decided to make Dad a cake for his birthday.  I made him a chocolate train cake. (perfect - since my dad is a terminal trainmaster!)  It turned out better than I thought it would.  ( I love to bake cakes, cookies, and anything sweet.  Last year, for my mom's birthday I made her a chocolate cake with chocolate icing completely from scratch.  It was a lot of work but it was worth it!)



He loved it!  He took a huge piece of it to work with him.


Good thing Dad doesn't have to do the paper work for this train disaster!
  

Happy Birthday Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Tell him happy birthday for me! And... please tell new that you used some kind of mold for that cake. Caus if you, like, carved that out. Wow. I would be super jealous. (Oh, and it was great to see y'all at church today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did use a mold. It was great to see you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! great job on that cake. you are such a cool kid.

    ReplyDelete