Friday, November 4, 2011

Tournament So Far

The night before the tournament Mom starts cooking food for us to take at 11p.m.!
We thought she was taking sandwiches, but no, she made CHILI!!!!

Breakfast...day one...early!
Tailgating between games

Clare has been the best little soccer sister!  Here's how she watched one of our games.
Mom - night 2 of the tournament...after midnight!
We played in the rain...what can I say?
We are headed back up to the tournament in just a little while.  We are playing in the Division II championship at 12:45 p.m.  We played 4 games to get to the championship...2 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie.  By the way, even though there are teams from New York and Alabama and Indiana and Maryland and Florida and North Carolina and Ohio and Georgia and Kentucky, and all kinds of other places, our team (Chattanooga) played our first game against a school from Blacksburg, VA.  They are from only a few miles from where we used to live. ( They were our tie.)

We are the only team not staying on sight and it has been exhausting driving back and forth which leads me to this thankfulness list...

I'M THANKFUL FOR:

Parents -who drive me, bring food, wash clothes at midnight, and cheer us on!
Our van - that holds our big family and other players when needed.
Safety- driving back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth to the tournament.   AND We've had no injuries on the field.
The opportunity to participate in the tournament and the gift that helped with that.
Healthy bodies
Our coaches
Christian friends on our team
My big cheering family and my adorable my little cheerleader sisters!
My 2 little brothers serving as ball boys for the games.
Being on the soccer team with my best friend, Ethan.

1 comment: