Sunday, July 17, 2011

2 TIMOTHY 2:22

     Quite often my Dad assigns my brothers and I a verse to memorize.  Here is one is from last week. 

      So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the name of the Lord from a pure heart.  2 Timothy 2:22

  We need to flee our youthful passions, which can mean a passion for sports, money, electronics, and so on.  We need to go after righteousness, which is holy living.  Trying to live like Christ.  We need to have faith, and we need to live like we believe what the Bible says is true.  Christians should love one another and Christians should want to get along with each other.

  How are we to keep our hearts pure?  By asking God to forgive us each time we sin.  (That doesn't mean just to say ,''please forgive me God'' and go on and keep sinning.) 

  We need to try to live as the Bible tells us to live.  If we live according to this verse then we are doing that.  I'm glad my Dad picked this verse out for us.  This may be my new life verse.

Stand firm!
COLIN


                  
    

2 comments: