Friday, January 7, 2011

My Memaw

     My great-grandmother is a wonderful lady.  We call her Memaw.  She is 81 years old.  My brothers and sister and I  love to visit her.  She makes the best breakfasts in the world.  We call them Memaw breakfasts.  She loves to make them for us and looks forward to whenever we come to visit her. 
     This week she had major back surgery.  The surgery took 5 hours.  Today she was transported by ambulance from the hospital to a nursing home/rehabilitation center where she will stay for a month or more.  I haven't seen her since the night before her surgery.  My family and I waited in the waiting room all day Tuesday while Memaw had surgery.     When it was over my Mom was able to see her but the rest of our family was not.   Today when I talked to her on the phone she said she was ok and just had pain where they cut her open.  We are praying for her and hope she recovers  well and gets back to normal soon.  

I'm thankful that God has protected Memaw through her surgery.  I hope He gives her many more years of life.  I have been blessed by Memaw and I hope to bless her in her time of recovery.  We are all writing to her and the younger kids are drawing pictures for her.  We will visit her as often as we can.  Most importantly we are all praying for her.       

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.    James 5:16 esv

No comments:

Post a Comment