Monday, January 17, 2011

My Poem

  I wrote this poem today during school.  See how you like it.  I'm not much of a poet but Mom thinks I should try to write a poem now and then.

Thanking God for Snow
Last night the snow fell to the ground,
When I woke up it was all around.
I opened the door and took a peep,
In the front yard it was 8 inches deep.
It looked so white, and pretty, and nice, 
but the main road was covered in ice.
We slid down hills as fast as light, 
We made snowballs and had a fight.
I made a snowman with a top hat
He looked so tall and jolly and fat.
Playing out in the snow began to get old
Especially once we were wet and cold.
When we finally came in from our outdoor play
We thanked God the Father for the snow that day.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!

    Our snow is ever so slowly m-e-l-t-i-n-g away... :}

    ReplyDelete