Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

The definition of RESOLUTION in the American Heritage Dictionary is:  The state or quality of being resolute, determination.  A resolving to do something.  A course of action resolved on.

At the start of a new year lots of people set goals called resolutions.  These goals are set to help people live better lives.  Some goals are harder to achieve than others.  I think it is interesting that part of the definition of resolution in the dictionary is determination.  Setting and obtaining goals definitely takes determination!

 I think making New Year's Resolutions is a great thing.  It shows that you care about yourself and you want to get better at something.  I think the new year is the perfect time to challenge yourself to live better, serve God better, serve others more, eat healthier, exercise more,  or a host of other things.  It's a great time to evaluate and change things.

Here are my 2011 New Year's resolutions:

I'm going to make better grades in school.
I'm going to eat more fruit & vegetables each day and drink at least 8 glasses of water.
I'm going to jog and lift weights each day.
I'm going to tithe 10% and save 10% of my money.
I'm going to pray a little longer each day so I can work up to being able to pray for an hour.

My most important goal for the New Year is to put God first.  I want to honor Him in everything I do.

You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. Deuteronomy 13:4 esv

1 comment:

  1. These are great goals, Colin!!
    I agree, setting goals for yourself takes ALOT of determination! I know you will be able to reach your goals! :)

    Hope to see y'all soon!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete